Leading Arborist and specialized Tree Care. - Tucson Tree Care
RSS

Recent Posts

Why DIY free Tree Trimming and Tree Removal tips for Tucson?
How do I hire a Tree Service in Tucson?
Recycling Green Tree Debris in Tucson, Arizona
How much should I water my Tree in Tucson.

Categories

Tucson Tree Service
powered by

My Blog

How do I hire a Tree Service in Tucson?

How do I hire a Tree Service in Tucson?
I have been a part of many Tucson Tree Service companies in several states before starting Tucson Tree Service. It has given me a world of experience in the industry, some good, some bad. I have seen the big guy's do horrible work and have big accidents, and small tree cutters do professional work day in and day out without License or Insurance. So, for me, it has changed my opinion of what makes a good Tree Service in Tucson, Arizona.
There are some law area's you need to look at. Licensing with the ROC is needed in Arizona for Landscaping and Tree Planting. You can reference the site and look up a # to see if it exists. Some fly by night guys will say they are licensed and give you a Tax license number. (this does not make you licensed) Although most states Contractor Boards do not have a Statute or License for Tree maintenance and in these cases a Business License may be all they need to do minimal Tree Trimming in Tucson and Tree Removal in Tucson. In these states you will need to proceed with caution as Stump Grinding and jobs over 1,000$ must be done by a ROC Licensed Tree Service.

The next area you want to examine is Liability Insurance, Workers Comp, Commercial Vehicle Insurance and Bonds. All need to be present and asking a question like "have you had any accidents?" may be appropriate. You may want to go as far to contact the Insurance provider and ask if the company has had any claims.
Once these basic area's are looked at, it is important to look at the specialty that a Tree Service in Tucson has. Some are good at Tree Trimming, some Tree Removal, some Treatments, some Transplanting, some Guying and so on. If you are looking for a Tree Transplant and the Tucson Arborist you are talking to has only done one in the last year then it stands to reason that his skills may be rusty or non existent. Speaking for myself, I specialize in Tree Removal in Tucson and Tree Trimming for Tucson with over  90% of my gross coming from these Tree Service area's. So if asked if I do Tree Removal for Tucson or Tree Trimming for Tucson, I could assure you and show many referrals of successful work done in the area. I guess that is my point, every Arborist in Tucson, Arizona has an area of specialty. My brother has had a Tree Company for over 15 years and if you ask him, his specialty is trimming palm tree's. He does it fast, safe and efficient. Do not be fooled that an Arborist is so good to be a specialist in every area.
Have a good feeling about who you hire. Your gut feeling is almost always right. I have cut 10's of thousands of tree's, but once in a blue moon me and a customer do not hit it off. In those cases I hope they do not hire me. Hiring a contractor can often be the beginning of a lifelong friendship full of trust. Remember you are asking them to your property and trusting them to respect your property. You want the relationship to start with common good vibes on both sides.
Ask to see a few reference letters. It will give you an idea of who you are working with. Do not trust Yelp or Google reviews. I will say you can trust Angies list reviews (available to members). Yelp and Google are so false half the time that it is written by friends or bad reviews are written in bulk by one person with a vendetta against the company. Accreditations help and are of value. Look for BBB, TCIA and ISA. These are the basics that a Tree Service Company should have.
If the Tree Service in Tucson you need seems complicated hire a Certified Arborist. I think in Tucson there is less than 4 ISA Certified Arborist's for hire, so if the company you land on does not have a certified guy it is not the end of the world.
Last but not least ask if there is any going deductions or specials. Often there is discounts and promotions going that you may not know about saving you 10% or more.
I wish you luck and as always we are here to help.

18 Comments to How do I hire a Tree Service in Tucson?:

Comments RSS
Christopher Gaster on Friday, November 01, 2013 2:42 AM
such an important case

mulching Oklahoma on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:28 PM
Your blog really too good and provide more beneficial information about tree company.You have a great knowledge especially while deal with such subjects.Thanks....

ip3 plastics on Tuesday, April 08, 2014 1:27 AM
Post is nicely written and it contains many good things for me. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post. Now it become easy for me to understand and implement the concept.

Sportwetten Seiten on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:29 PM
Wager genau das gleiche Menge Videospiel . Sie haben hergestellt viel einfacher zur Herstellung zu helfen, eine Wette auf wenn und ohne Angst Angst ihre Fonds nicht sein secure harmlos.

ellen show musical chairs on Saturday, September 27, 2014 12:42 AM
Excellent Blog. I really want to admire the quality of this post. I like the way of your presentation of ideas, views and valuable content. Thanks .Keep it up!

telicando marafecco on Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:27 PM
Verlassen ueber die 1. Anzeige von die Loeschen Streifen befreien Garantie drop fuer Ihre Jahr .Diamond (AKA 2betdsi) - das Sportwetten wurde geworden in fuer Ihre verlaengerte und besonders detaillierten mit a von verschiedenen Sportwetten und im Web Websites .

telicando marafecco on Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:52 PM
Manchmal Oft , Spieler verletzt oder Schaden gelten beobachten. telicando marafecco http://telicandomarafecco24.com telicando marafecco

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:49 AM
Es aller Wahrscheinlichkeit uebergab von zahlreiche Recht vor I erzaehlte erklaerte ihr, dass am Sonntagnachmittag, warum ihre Grossmutter immer Regel slice the top aus. réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 10:01 AM
Nie Nie Wette aus gegen ein Streifen. réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes

libido on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 9:32 AM
Great content!

review on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 9:33 AM
Excellent Blog. I really want to admire the quality of this post. I like the way of your presentation of ideas, views and valuable content. Thanks a lot!

review on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 9:35 AM
Awesome site!

enhancement on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:50 AM
Great site!

top 5 on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 8:35 AM
Great site!

www on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 8:52 AM
Great site!

www on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:16 AM
Outstanding writing!

top 5 on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:32 AM
site worth reading

Ellie Davis on Monday, March 19, 2018 2:34 PM
Thank you for suggesting we look into the liability insurance of the company we are wanting to hire. My husband is working on re-landscaping our yard currently and there are some trees that we would like removed. I think I'm going to have to do some research on some companies in order to find the best one for our family.